Cornflake Waffles with Honey Sauce
1. Start heating up a waffle maker.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the 5 dry ingredients together (flour through protein powder). In a separate bowl, mix the milk, half & half, egg whites, and apple sauce together. Then stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until it's thoroughly combined.
3. Lightly coat both top and bottom of waffle maker with butter spray. Then pour approximately 1/2 cup of waffle mixture in and cook according to manufacturer's instructions.
4. While waffles are cooking, pour the honey, syrup, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg in a saucepan. Cook on medium while stirring until thoroughly combined and heated through.
5. When the waffles are done, pour about 2 tablespoons of syrup mixture over each waffle. Serve hot.
Yield: 8 Servings, 1 Waffle per Serving