Seven Layer Taco Dip
Nutritional Breakdown Does NOT Include Chips
Calories 180 (33% from fat)
Fat 6.6 gram
Saturated Fat 4 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 22 mg.
Sodium 726 mg.
Carb. 21 gram
Fiber 3.7 gram
Sugar 3.5 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 8.5 gram
1 (1 ounce) package lower sodium taco seasoning mix
2 cans (16 oz. each) fat-free refried beans
1 package (16 oz.) fat-free sour cream
1 package (8 oz.) reduced fat cream cheese
1 jar (16 oz.) salsa
1 small head iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
1 large tomato, finely chopped
2 bell peppers, any color, finely chopped
1 bunch spring onions (scallions), chopped
2 cups reduced fat cheddar cheese
1/2 of a 6.5 oz. can of sliced black olives, drained
Tired of the usual dips at your party? This recipe combines 11 ingredients into a richly satisfying appetizer.
1. Combine the taco seasoning mix and refried beans. Spread the mixture in the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish.
2. Use a blender to combine the cream cheese and sour cream. Spread that over top of the beans.
3. Spread the salsa evenly over the top of the cream cheese mixture.
4. Spread the lettuce over top of the salsa.
5. Mix the next four ingredients together, tomato, bell peppers, scallions and cheese. Spread them evenly over the lettuce.
6. Sprinkle the black olives over everything and serve. We divided this into 16 servings, about 1 cup each. Putting each serving in a bowl allows portion control and for each person to get all the flavors combined.
Yield: Approximately 16 Servings of 1 Cup Each