Banana Protein Bread
Calories 151 (14% from fat)
Fat 2 gram
Saturated Fat 0.8 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 34 mg.
Sodium 302 mg.
Carb. 24 gram
Fiber 2.5 gram
Sugar 9 gram
Sugar Alcohol 19 gram
Protein 9 gram
buttery cooking spray
2 large egg whites
1 large whole egg
1/3 cup light buttermilk
(We used 1.5% Milkfat Cultured Buttermilk.)
2 Tbsp. light butter
(We used Land O Lakes Light Butter with Canola Oil.)
1/3 cup fat free sour cream
1 cup mashed bananas
1 cup Swerve sugar replacemenet (or Splenda or stevia.)
1/4 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 Scoops (2/3 cup) protein powder
(We used GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Vanilla Cream Protein Powder.)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
Banana bread that cuts out much of the sugar and fat while pumping up the protein.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Lightly coat an 8.5 x 4.5 inch baking dish or loaf pan with buttery cooking spray.
3. Blend together the next six WET ingredients, egg whites, whole egg, buttermilk, butter, sour cream and mashed bananas.
4. Stir in the remaining six DRY ingredients, sugar replacement through salt until thoroughly combined.
5. Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for 50 – 60 minutes, until a wooden toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. The top of the bread will turn brown. Once it's cooled for about 5 minutes, cut it into 10 servings.
Yield: 10 Servings, 1 Slice Per Serving
You can freeze individual slices of bread for easy re-heating later. Make sure they're tightly sealed inside freezer safe containers or bags.
Microwave each slice of bread for approximately 1 minute and enjoy.