Chocolate Protein Balls
Calories 115 (42% from fat)
Fat 5.4 gram
Saturated Fat 1 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 4 mg.
Sodium 23 mg.
Carb. 15 gram
Fiber 3 gram
Sugar 1 gram
Sugar Alcohol 5 gram
Protein 4.5 gram
2 cups rolled oats
2 Tbsp. flax seeds
2 Tbsp. chia seeds
1 scoop (1/3 cup) vanilla or chocolate protein powder
(We used GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein Vanilla Flavor.)
1/4 cup cocoa
(We used Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa.)
3 Tbsp. Splenda or stevia
1/3 cup sugar free honey
(We used Honey Tree's Sugar Free Imitation Honey.)
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 Tbsp. Allulose Zero Calorie Liquid Sweetener
This is great for a quick snack, especially if you have a sweet tooth. Pop a couple an hour before your workout for a little extra protein.
1. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the first six dry ingredients, oats, flax, chia, protein powder, cocoa and Splenda or stevia.
2. Drizzle the honey over the oats and start stirring in.
3. Mix in the peanut butter, about a tablespoon at a time. Use your fingers to mash it together and mix.
4. Add the liquid allulose sweetener last. Mix everything together with your hands until it's thoroughly combined. It should now be like a large lump of dough.
5. Tightly pack a 1/4 cup measuring cup with the mixture, then divide it in two. Roll each half into a ball and set on a plate. This should make 18 balls.
6. Cover or store inside an airtight container. These will stay good for up to 5 days.
Yield: 18 Servings, 1 Protein Ball Per Serving