Cranberry Cream Cheese French Toast
Calories 345 (27% from fat)
Fat 10 gram
Saturated Fat 5 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 85 mg.
Sodium 498 mg.
Carb. 49 gram
Fiber 6 gram
Sugar 23 gram
Sugar Alcohol 1 gram
Protein 19 gram
buttery cooking spray
12 slices of whole wheat bread
(We used Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds 110 calories per slice.)
2 (8 ounce) packages of 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1 can (14 oz.) whole berry cranberry sauce
12 large egg whites
3 large whole eggs
2 cups fat free milk
(We used Fairlife Fat-Free Lactose Free milk because it has less sugar and more protein per serving.)
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1/3 cup sugar free syrup
(We used Cary's Sugar Free Syrup.)
If you have some cranberry sauce leftover from Thanksgiving, it goes great with this overnight French toast recipe. It's a delicious lazy Saturday morning dish.
1. Lightly spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with the buttery cooking spray. Cut the bread into small pieces and spread half (6 slices) across the bottom.
2. Top the bread with the cream cheese, dropped in small amounts over the top.
3. Drop spoonfuls of the cranberry sauce evenly over the cream cheese.
4. Cover everything with the remaining cut up 6 slices of bread.
5. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg whites, whole eggs, milk, vanilla extract and sugar-free syrup.
6. Pour the egg mixture evenly over all the bread, then flatten everything down.
7. Cover and put in the refrigerator overnight.
8. The next day, take the French toast out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before you cook it. Set it on the counter and let it warm up. Then preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. Cover the French toast and bake for 30 minutes. Then remove the cover and continue baking for another 25 to 30 minutes until the center is firm and the surface is lightly browned. Once the dish is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it sit for approximately 10 minutes to firm up.
10 Serve with additional sugar-free syrup if desired.
Yield: 10 Servings
You can freeze individual servings.
Re-heat them in the microwave for about 3-4 minutes.