Biscotti Chocolate Chip Protein Mix
Calories 103 (29% from fat)
Fat 3.3 gram
Saturated Fat 1.2 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 14 mg.
Sodium 70 mg.
Carb. 15 gram
Fiber 2 gram
Sugar 6 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 4.6 gram
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 scoops protein powder
(We used GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein Vanilla Flavor.)
2 Tbsp. flaxseed
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup fat free milk
1/2 cup Splenda
1/3 cup packed Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
2 large egg whites
1 large egg
1.5 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup sliced almonds
2. Combine flour, protein powder, flaxseed, baking soda and salt in a bowl and whisk them together.
3. Pour milk, regular Splenda, brown sugar Splenda, egg whites and regular egg in a bowl. Beat with a mixer on high for 2 minutes, then stir the vanilla in.
4. Slowly pour the flour mixture into the milk mixture and keep stirring until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and almonds.
5. Divide dough into 3 equal portions. Roll the dough out until each section is about 6 inches long. Place the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, keeping each loaf at least 2-3 inches apart. Pat them down to about a 1-inch thickness.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, until firm.
7. Remove the loaves from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes. Cut each loaf diagonally into 8 pieces. Then put the pieces, cut side down on a baking sheet.
8. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees and bake 8 minutes on one side, then flip them over and bake for 8 minutes on the opposite side.
9. The biscotti will be a little soft in the center, but they harden as they cool. Serve with coffee, tea or hot chocolate.
Yield: 24 Servings - 1 Slice of Biscotti Per Serving