Easy Chicken Parmigiana
Calories 330 (11% from fat)
Fat 4 gram
Saturated Fat 1.2 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 98 mg.
Sodium 387 mg.
Carb. 27 gram
Fiber 1.8 gram
Sugar 8 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 45.5 gram
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. pepper
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (Average weight is 4 oz. raw per chicken breast.)
3 egg whites lightly beaten
3 cups cornflakes, crushed
fat-free cooking spray
1 jar (25.5 ounces) low-fat and low-sodium spaghetti sauce
(We used Walnut Acres Tomato & Basil Low Sodium.)
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
1. Combine the flour, garlic powder, paprika and pepper in a shallow dish.
2. Lightly beat together the egg whites in a second shallow dish.
3. Place the crushed cornflakes in a third dish.
4. Dredge each piece of chicken first in the flour mixture, then through the egg whites and finally through the cornflakes, covering them thoroughly.
5. Coat a 13 x 9 baking dish with fat-free cooking spray and arrange the chicken in it.. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until crisp.
6. Pour spaghetti sauce in a saucepan and heat up. Once chicken is done take the baking dish out of the oven and pour spaghetti sauce over top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Yield: 6 Servings
Freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Re-heat each serving for approximately 5 minutes in the microwave. Make sure to crack open the top of the container before you start to let hot air escape.