Calories 293 (16% from fat)
Fat 5.2 gram
Saturated Fat 1 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 63 mg.
Sodium 359 mg.
Carb. 19 gram
Fiber 4.8 gram
Sugar 11 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 33 gram
1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 six oz. fillets of cod (or other firm white fish)
1 small onion (2.5 oz.), chopped
1/2 cup white wine
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 can (14.5 oz.) no salt added diced tomatoes
1 tsp. ground pepper
2 colossal green pitted olives, rinsed and diced
1. Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
2. Once the oil is hot, place the fillets flesh side down and cook for 3 minutes until a crust forms. Take the fish from the pan and set aside.
3. Add the chopped onion and wine to the pan and cook for 3 minutes, stirring ocassionally. Then add the garlic, red pepper and tomatoes and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Stir in the pepper.
4. Place the fish back in the pan and cover each one with the tomato sauce. Cook until fish flakes off with a fork, approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
5. One fish is cooked, serve it with the sauce and garnish each one with a chopped green olive.
Yield: 2 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Make sure to freeze them in freezer safe tupperware containers.
When you heat them up, microwave for approximately 8 minutes, keeping the bag or container open just a little to allow steam to escape.