Calories 264 (13% from fat)
Fat 4 gram
Saturated Fat 1.3 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 41 mg.
Sodium 250 mg.
Carb. 30 gram
Fiber 8.7 gram
Sugar 6 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 28 gram
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 lb. 99% lean ground turkey
2 Tbsp. chili powder
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 medium (4 oz.) red onion chopped
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and thoroughly rinsed
1/4 tsp. dried & crushed red pepper
1 small can (8 3/4 oz. or 1 cup) whole kernel corn (no salt added), drained
1 can (14.5 oz) no salt added diced tomatoes
ground black pepper to taste
8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
(Look for one with NO Trans Fat.)
2 cups (8 oz.) low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
2 scallions, finely chopped for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the extra virgin olive oil and thoroughly coat the pan. Add the turkey and mix in chili powder, cumin and red onion. Cook about 5 minutes, until meat is browned.
3. Stir in the black beans, red pepper, corn and tomatoes. Heat the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes and season with black pepper to taste.
4. Coat a 9 inch shallow baking dish with the remaining tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Cut the tortillas in quarters so they're easy to work with. Build the lasagna in 2 layers. First spread out half the meat/bean mixture, then cover with half the tortillas and top that with half the cheese.
5. Repeat with the remaining meat/bean mixture, tortillas and the rest of the cheese. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until cheese is brown and bubbly. Top with scallions and serve.
Yield: 8 Servings
This recipe was created by Charles Nuedling - Personal Chef
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Make sure to freeze them in freezer safe containers.
Microwave for approximately 3-5 minutes, keeping the container open just a little to allow steam to escape.