Country Fried Crispy Tofu Turkey
Nutritional Info WITHOUT GRAVY
Calories 374 (27% from fat)
Fat 11 gram
Saturated Fat 2.7 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 2.3 mg.
Sodium 552 mg.
Carb. 48 gram
Fiber 7 gram
Sugar 2 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 20 gram
3 tofu blocks (10 oz. each), extra firm, hand broken into bite size pieces
(We used House Foods Organic Tofu - Super Firm.)
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup rice flour or corn starch
1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs, fine
4 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped fine
1 Tbsp. ground sage
1 Tbsp. onion powder
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. granulated onion
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt
vegetable oil, to coat the pan
This tastes best when combined with this recipe for Mushroom Gravy.
This recipe originally came from Wicked Healthy. For more recipes from them you can visit at: https://wickedhealthyfood.com/
1. Use the firmest tofu you can buy. Then tear it into bite-sized pieces and put them in a large bowl.
2. Put all the remaining ingredients (except the vegetable oil) in a medium-sized bowl and mix well.
3. Put each piece of tofu in the seasoned flour and coat them evenly on all sides.
4. Heat a medium-sized cast iron pan (or sauté pan) on medium-high heat. Then add enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom about 1 centimeter deep.
5. Once the oil is hot, add some of the breaded tofu to the pan and fry each side until they are golden brown. Repeat until all the pieces are cooked.
6. As the pieces are cooked, place them on a paper towel lined plate to dry and remove excess oil.
7. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the brown tofu on a baking sheet and bake it in the oven for 15 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and serve with gravy.
Yield: 6 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave on high for approximately 2 1/2 - 3 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.