Asian Beef Ramen Noodles
Calories 354 (26% from fat)
Fat 10 gram
Saturated Fat 4 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 48 mg.
Sodium 607 mg.
Carb. 43 gram
Fiber 2 gram
Sugar 12 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 24 gram
1 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp. oyster sauce
2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
1 tsp. sesame seed oil
2 cups onion, chopped
1 pound 96% lean ground beef
2 garlic cloves (2 tsp.), minced
1 1/4 cups of water
2 packets (3 oz. each) Ramen noodles, WITHOUT flavor packets
1/4 cup green onion/shallots, chopped
1 1/2 cups lettuce, shredded
1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
crushed red pepper
We were told about this recipe on recipetineats.com and were surprised by how quick and easy it was. We added a few extras to pump up the fiber and vegetables. The final version had everyone cleaning their plates.
1. Start by heating a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
2. Combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce and rice vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Pour the sesame seed oil into the pan and spread it out evenly. Add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes.
4. Put the ground beef in the pan and set a timer for 1 minute. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to break up the meat and mix it in with the onion.
5. Once the beef is broken up, add the garlic and sauces you mixed earlier. Set a timer for 5 minutes and keep stirring everything together to get the meat browned.
6. Move all the ingredients to the edge, making a well in the center. Pour the water in, then add the UNCOOKED ramen noodles into the well.
7. After 45 seconds, flip the noodles over. Let sit for 45 more seconds. Then they should be loose enough to start pulling apart and mixing with the beef and onion.
8. Once the ramen noodles and beef are mixed, stir in the green onions.
9. Finally, mix in the shredded lettuce and bean sprouts. Combine thoroughly and saute one more minute before serving.
10. Divide into five servings and enjoy. You can top it with sesame seeds and crushed red pepper for some heat if you want.
Yield: 5 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave on high for approximately 2 - 2 1/2 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.