Grilled & Peppered Tenderloin with Green Salad
Calories 229 (28% from fat)
Fat 7 gram
Saturated Fat 1.8 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 80 mg.
Sodium 648 mg.
Carb. 9 gram
Fiber 1.6 gram
Sugar 4 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 30 gram
1 and 3/4 lbs. trimmed beef tenderloin roast, tied with butcher's twine
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 Tbsp. black pepper, coarsely ground
1/2 cup fat free Caesar Italian or Zesty Italian Dressing
(We used Kraft brands.)
6 plump oil-packed anchovies, minced
3 Tbsp. fresh tarragon, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 head (about 5 cups) lettuce, coarsely chopped
(We like Butter or Bibb Lettuce.)
3 cups (3 oz.) baby arugula, chopped
1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
1/4 cup celery leaves, coarsely chopped
1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and chopped
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1. GRILL INSTRUCTIONS - Light a grill. Rub the tenderloin with vegetable oil then cover with pepper. Grill each side (all 4 sides) until lightly charred, about 90 seconds per side. The place the tenderloin on a cooler part of the grill, cover and cook on low heat for approximately 35 minutes. The meat is ready when a thermometer reads 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
1. STOVE & OVEN INSTRUCTIONS - Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Rub the tenderloin with vegetable oil then cover with pepper. Sear each side (all 4 sides) until lightly charred, about 90 seconds per side. (Be prepared that searing the meat will produce a fair amount of smoke. Make sure your exhaust fan is working!) Then place the tenderloin in an oven pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. The meat is ready when a thermometer reads 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Let the meat rest for 30 minutes. Combine together the dressing, anchovies, tarragon and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Cut the meat up into bite sized pieces, remove the twine and stir the meat in with the dressing marinade. Cover and put in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
3. Just before you're ready to serve the salad, combine the remaining four ingredients, lettuce through celery leaves in a large bowl. Fold the tenderloin and marinade in with the greens and mix to thoroughly coat everything.
4. Stir in any optional ingredients, or simply put them on the table and let each person add them as desired.
Yield: 8 Servings