Moroccan Chickpea Stew - Instant Pot
Calories 403 (24% from fat)
Fat 10.7 gram
Saturated Fat 1 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 0 mg.
Sodium 889 mg.
Carb. 66 gram
Fiber 14 gram
Sugar 18 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 15 gram
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cups onion, chopped
5 cloves (5 tsp.) garlic, minced
2 tsp. cinnamon, ground
2 tsp. cumin, ground
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper or chili
2 heaped tsp. paprika
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, no salt added
2 cans (16 oz. each) reduced sodium chick peas (garbanzos), drained and rinsed well
2 Tbsp. raisins
1 1/2 cups sun dried tomatoes (About 2.75 oz.), chopped
5 oz. washed baby spinach or a few lumps of frozen spinach
3 1/2 cups unsalted vegetable broth
black pepper (to taste, maybe 1/2 a tsp.), ground
handful of fresh cilantro or parsley leaves, chopped for garnish
A hearty, middle eastern inspired stew that pairs well with bread. This is a really easy recipe to make a double batch of if you have a larger Instant Pot. Freeze the leftovers for quick meals later.
1. Set the Instant Pot to sauté. Add the olive oil and onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. Stir in the garlic, cinnamon, cumin, cayenne pepper and paprika for about 30 seconds.
3. Stir in all the remaining ingredients (except the garnish).
4. Cancel sauté function. Lock the lid on and make sure the steam vent is pointed to sealing. Then set it on Manual HIGH for 10 minutes.
5. Once the timer goes off, allow another 10 minutes for the pressure to release naturally. Then use the quick release to let off the remainder of the steam. (Simply point the sealing valve to venting.)
6. Open the lid and stir the stew together. Let it sit for 3-5 minutes to cool down a little and serve with some garnish on top and crusty whole-wheat bread on the side.
Yield: 4 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave for approximately 4 - 4.5 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.