Sweet and Tangy Party Meatballs
Calories 43 (19% from fat)
Fat 0.9 gram
Saturated Fat 0.3 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 14 mg.
Sodium 166 mg.
Carb. 6 gram
Fiber 1 gram
Sugar 2 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 3.2 gram
1/4 cup minced onion
1 pound 94% lean ground beef
1/2 cup finely crushed bread crumbs
2 Tbsp. water
1 large egg
1 jar (12 oz.) chili sauce
(We used Heinz Chili Sauce. Make sure not to confuse it with Cocktail Sauce, they look similar.)
1/2 a jar (the jar is 12.75 oz.) sugar free grape jelly
(We used Smucker's Sugar Free Concord Grape Jam.)
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrehnheit. Lightly coat a baking sheet with buttery spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the minced onion, beef, bread crumbs, water and egg. Then measure out the meat, each meatball is about 1 heaping tablespoon. Roll them in the palms of your hands to make them uniform and place them on a baking sheet. This should make about 32 meatballs.
3. Bake the meatballs for 20 to 25 minutes, turning once after 10 minutes.
4. While the meatballs are cooking, combine the chili sauce, jelly and lemon juice together in a crock pot on high. Stir until the jelly and chili sauce combine, then turn the crock pot to low. Add the meatballs, stir everything together, cover and cook for at least 1 hour before serving.
5. Keep the crock pot on low while serving so the meatballs stay warm.
Yield: Approximately 32 Servings (Each meatball is a serving.)