Crescent Roll Holiday Wreath
Calories 131 (36% from fat)
Fat 5.3 gram
Saturated Fat 2.6 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 10 mg.
Sodium 291 mg.
Carb. 16 gram
Fiber 0.5 gram
Sugar 5 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 4 gram
2 tubes (8 ounces each) of reduced fat crescent rolls
(We used Pillsbury Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls.)
1 package (8 ounces) reduced fat cream cheese
(We used Philadelphia 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese.)
1/2 cup fat free sour cream
1 tsp. dill weed
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets, chopped
1 cup celery, finely chopped
1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
celery leaves for garnish
This is a fun way to celebrate the holidays.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Take crescent dough out of the tubes, but don’t unroll it. Cut each tube into 8 slices and then arrange them in a circle on an ungreased 14 inch pizza pan. Then FLATTEN each roll so it’s wider. (You flatten the rolls so each one is bigger around and doesn’t grow as tall when baking.)
3. Bake the rolls for 15-20 minutes, until they turn golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan and putting them onto a serving platter.
4. In a mixing bowl blend the cream cheese, sour cream, dill and garlic powder together with a blender until smooth.
5. Once the wreath is cool, spread the mixture evenly over the top. Then sprinkle the broccoli, celery and red bell pepper over that. Garnish with the celery leaves. One roll per serving.
Yield: 16 Servings