Peach Protein Bar
Calories 221 (16% from fat)
Fat 3.9 gram
Saturated Fat .6 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 45 mg.
Sodium 343 mg.
Carb. 33 gram
Fiber 4.9 gram
Sugar 5 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 13 gram
fat free cooking spray
2 cups regular Cheerios
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup Splenda
(We used the box that measures cup for cup like sugar.)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 package (.6 oz.) Sugar Free Peach Jell-O
2 scoops (2/3 cup) protein powder
(We used GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein Vanilla Flavor.)
1 cup fat free milk
2 egg whites
1 whole egg
1 Tbsp. canola oil
1/4 tsp. orange extract
1 can (14.5 oz.) no sugar added peaches (chopped)
Optional Topping - Sugar Free Honey (We like Honey Tree's Sugar Free Imitation Honey.)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray the trays of one, 8-mini-loaf baking pan with fat-free cooking spray.
2. Put the Cheerios in a blender and mix until they're a powder.
3. Combine all the ingredients except the peaches in a mixing bowl and stir them together.
4. Pour half the can of peaches in a blender along with the juice and blend until everything is liquified. Then mix it in with the dough.
5. Take the remaining peaches and chop them into small chunks. Then fold those into the batter.
6. Divide the batter evenly between each of the mini-loaf trays, about 1/2 cup each. Put them in the middle of the oven and cook for about 18-20 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
If you can't find Sugar Free Peach Jell-O, you can also substitute 2 tubs of Crystal Light Iced Tea Peach Flavor.
To give them more flavor, we like to cut them in half and drizzle them with sugar free honey.
Store the excess loaves in sealable plastic bags in the refrigerator so they don't lose moisture. When you're ready to eat them, heat each loaf in a microwave for 30 seconds and they taste fresh from the oven.
Yield: 8 Servings
Freeze cakes for easy re-heating later. Make sure they're tightly sealed inside freezer safe bags or plastic containers.
Microwave each cake for approximately 1.5 to 2 minutes. To make sure it comes back moist, put the frozen bar in a microwave safe bowl. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth or paper towel.