Out of the Box Lemon & Blueberry Protein Muffins
Calories 87 (20% from fat)
Fat 2 gram
Saturated Fat 1 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 6 mg.
Sodium 222 mg.
Carb. 18 gram
Fiber 0.4 gram
Sugar 1.8 gram
Sugar Alcohol 7.5 gram
Protein 3.5 gram
1 box of sugar free yellow cake mix
(We used Pillsbury Moist Supreme Sugar Free Classic Yellow Cake Mix)
1 cup water
4 egg whites
2 scoops (2/3 cup) protein powder
(We used GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein Vanilla Flavor.)
1 package (1 oz.) sugar free, fat free lemon pudding mix
(We used Jell-O Sugar Free, Fat Free Instant Lemon)
2 cups COLD fat free milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Put 24 large metallic muffin cups into a couple muffin pans. (You can use paper cups, but the muffins tend to fall a little if you do. They still taste fine, they just don't look as appealing.)
2. Blend the sugar free cake mix, water, egg whites and protein powder in a large mixing bowl until moistened. Beat with a mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, beat or whisk the pudding mix and 2 cups of COLD milk for 1 minute. Then pour the pudding mix into the cake mix and stir together until combined.
4. Pour approximately 1/3 of a cup of mix into each of the cupcake holders. Then place about 4 blueberries on TOP of each muffin, just before putting in the oven.
5. Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 18 to 21 minutes, until lightly browned on the edges.
Yield: 24 Servings
You can freeze individual muffins for easy re-heating later. Make sure they're tightly sealed inside freezer safe bags or containers.
Microwave each loaf for approximately 1-2 minutes, depending on microwave strength. Cover the muffin with a damp paper towel to keep it softer.