Muesli Protein Bars
Calories 269 (28.5% from fat)
Fat 8.5 gram
Saturated Fat 4 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 17 mg.
Sodium 59 mg.
Carb. 38 gram
Fiber 4.3 gram
Sugar 5 gram
Sugar Alcohol 5.6 gram
Protein 13.4 gram
buttery cooking spray
1 1/2 cups quinoa
1/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
1/2 cup dried oats
2 scoops (2/3 cup) protein powder
(We used GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein Vanilla Flavor.)
2 large egg whites
2/3 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. almond butter
3 Tbsp. Sugar free honey
(We used Honey Tree's Sugar Free Imitation Honey.)
2 Tbsp. coconut water
1 Tbsp. lemon zest
1/2 cup dried apricots or plums, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil and lightly spray it with buttery cooking spray.
3. Spread the quinoa and coconut evenly out on a cookie sheet and bake for 6 to 8 minutes, until the coconut is toasted a light brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
4. Mix together the quinoa, coconut flakes, dried oats and protein powder. Then add the remaining ingredients and thoroughly mix everything together.
5. Pour the mixture into your prepared 8-inch pan, level it out and bake for approximately 14 minutes, or until the top is a golden brown.
6. When finished, remove from the oven, let cool and cut into 9 servings. They’ll keep for 7 to 10 days in the refrigerator.
Yield: 9 Servings
You can freeze individual bars for easy re-heating later. Make sure they're tightly sealed inside freezer safe bags or containers.
Microwave each loaf for approximately 1-2 minutes, depending on microwave strength.