Cranberry Chocolate Protein Bars
Calories 171 (19.7% from fat)
Fat 3.7 gram
Saturated Fat 1.8 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 36 mg.
Sodium 124 mg.
Carb. 31 gram
Fiber 4 gram
Sugar 9.8 gram
Sugar Alcohol 7.5 gram
Protein 9 gram
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2 scoops (2/3 cup) protein powder
(We used GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein Vanilla Flavor.)
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3 Tbsp. dark chocolate chips
(We used Nestle Toll House Dark Chocolate Morsels.)
1/4 cup sugar free honey
1/4 cup no sugar added applesauce
2 large egg whites
1 large whole egg
buttery cooking spray
1. Pre-heat an oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a mixing bowl stir together the first 7 ingredients, oats through baking powder. Then stir in the chocolate chips.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together the honey, applesauce and eggs. Stir this mixture into the flour mixture until combined.
4. Lightly coat an 8-inch square pan with buttery cooking spray. Then spread the batter into the pan and bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for 25 minutes if you like them more gooey and 30 to 32 minutes if you like them more cake like..
5. Let cool in the pan and slice into 9 bars. You can freeze the bars for easy re-heating later.
Yield: 9 Servings
You can freeze individual bars for easy re-heating later. Make sure they're tightly sealed inside freezer safe bags or containers.
Microwave each bar for approximately 1 minute and enjoy.