Cinnamon Pumpkin Protein Bread
Calories 266 (24% from fat)
Fat 7 gram
Saturated Fat 1.3 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 33 mg.
Sodium 642 mg.
Carb. 53 gram
Fiber 3 gram
Sugar 2.4 gram
Sugar Alcohol 11 gram
Protein 7.6 gram
1 box (16 oz.) sugar free yellow cake mix
(We used Pillsbury Moist Supreme Sugar Free Classic Yellow Cake Mix.)
2 scoops (2/3 cup) vanilla protein powder
(We used GNC 100% Whey Protein Vanilla.)
1/2 cup Splenda
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon, ground
1/2 tsp. ginger, ground
1 can (15 oz.) pure pumpkin
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
5 large egg whites
1 large whole egg
This was an attempt to make a tasty protein bar, without all the sugar. To speed things up, we used a sugar free packaged cake mix. The final bars are light, tasty and have less than 3 grams of sugar per bar.
1. In a large mixing bowl add the cake mix, protein powder, Splenda, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger. Mix together.
2. Add the remaining ingredients, pumpkin, vegetable oil and eggs. Mix together for approximately two minutes, until thoroughly combined.
3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly spray the trays of an 8-mini-loaf baking pan with buttery cooking spray.
4. Divide the mixture evenly between the 8 trays. Put the baking pan in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Let cool for 2-3 minutes, then enjoy. Freeze individual mini loafs for later.
Yield: 8 Servings, 1 Bar Per Serving
You can freeze individual bars for easy re-heating later. Make sure they're tightly sealed inside freezer safe containers or bags.
Microwave each bar for approximately 2 minutes and enjoy. For best results, re-heat them with a damp towel over the top.