Cake Mix Cookies
Cake Mix Cookies
Calories 88 (16% from fat)
Fat 1.5 gram
Saturated Fat 0.3 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 6 mg.
Sodium 187 mg.
Carb. 18 gram
Fiber 0.6 gram
Sugar 1.6 gram
Sugar Alcohol 8 gram
Protein 4 gram
1 box (16 oz.) sugar free cake mix
(We used Pillsbury Sugar Free Premium Cake Mix.)
2 scoops (2/3 cup) vanilla protein powder
(We used GNC 100% Whey Protein Vanilla Cream.)
1/4 cup almond flour
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup Splenda
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
4 egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup (1 - 8 oz. can) crushed pineapple
buttery cooking spray
This was sent to us as a video, using lots of sugar and butter. After a few tries, we figured out how to reduce the sugar by 80%, cut the fat in half and triple the protein. All while making a tasty cookie. Store them in the freezer for when you want a quick, sweet but guilt-free snack.
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the first five ingredients, cake mix, protein powder, almond flour, baking powder and Splenda.
2. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the cottage cheese, egg whites and vanilla extract until the cottage cheese starts to break up. It's easier if you use an immersion blender or a mixer.
3. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until all the dough is moist. Then add the crushed pineapple and mix until combined.
4. Cover and put in the refrigerator for 1-3 hours. This allows the dough to hydrate and firm up a little before baking.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Cover 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly coat them with buttery cooking spray.
7. Divide the mix into 24 servings (12 per tray). Bake for 13-15 minutes until the edges of the cookies start to turn a golden brown. (In the picture you can see what happens when you overload the tray.)
8. Let cool and remove from the parchment paper. Store in a plastic bag or container that you can seal. Keep them in the freezer for long-term storage, and microwave them when you want to eat them.
Yield: 24 Servings, 1 Cookie Per Serving
You can freeze individual cookies for long-term storage. Make sure they're tightly sealed inside freezer-safe containers or bags.
Microwave each cookie for approximately 20 seconds. Put a damp towel over the cookie when re-heating to keep it moist.