Pumpkin French Toast
Calories 305 (27% from fat)
Fat 9 gram
Saturated Fat 2 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 54 mg.
Sodium 382 mg.
Carb. 54 gram
Fiber 14 gram
Sugar 10 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 14 gram
buttery cooking spray
10 large egg whites
2 large whole eggs
1/2 cup fat free milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. cinnamon, ground
1/2 tsp. cloves, ground
1/4 tsp. nutmeg, ground
4 Tbsp. Splenda
(We used the box that measures cup for cup like sugar.)
1 can (15 oz.) pure pumpkin puree
12 slices double fiber whole wheat bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 cups Fiber One Honey Clusters cereal, crushed
2 Tbsp. Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
1/4 tsp. cinnamon, ground
2 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
2. In a large mixing bowl whisk together the first 10 ingredients, egg whites through pumpkin puree.
3. Cut the bread into cubes, then stir it into the pumpkin mixture until every piece is thoroughly coated. Pour everything into the baking dish and smooth out until it's level.
4. Take the Fiber One cereal and put it in a plastic bag and crush it OR put it in a food processor and pulse until it's crushed.
5. In a smaller bowl, mix together the Splenda Brown Sugar, cinnamon, Fiber One and whole wheat flour. Then drizzle the butter over the top and mix it all together until it turns crumbly.
6. Sprinkle the cereal mixture evenly over the top of the french toast. Then bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until the top is a golden brown.
7. Serve with sugar free syrup.
Yield: 8 Servings
Freeze each slice (without syrup!) in freezer safe containers for easy re-heating later.
Re-heat for 1 -2 minutes in microwave on high.