Crème Brulee French Toast (Overnight)
Calories 375 (24% from fat)
Fat 10 gram
Saturated Fat 3.5 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 45 mg.
Sodium 750 mg.
Carb. 53 gram
Fiber 1.1 gram
Sugar 18 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 14 gram
1/2 cup light butter
(We used Smart Balance Light Butter & Non-GMO Canola Oil Blend.)
1/4 cup packed Splenda Brown Sugar blend.
1 cup Splenda
2 Tbsp. lite corn syrup
10 (1-inch thick) slices of French bread
6 large egg whites
1 large whole egg
1 1/2 cups fat free half & half cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. brandy-based orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier)
1/4 tsp. salt
sugar free syrup
We mixed this together on Saturday and put it in the refrigerator. The next morning we popped it in the oven and had an incredible Sunday breakfast ready with almost no effort.
1. Heat a non-stick sauce pan over medium heat. Add butter, Splenda brown sugar, Splenda and corn syrup. Stir until it's all dissolved together, then pour it into a 9x13 baking dish.
2. Arrange the bread in a single layer in the baking dish. (The French bread we used was approximately 4 inches across and we cut it 1 inch thick.)
3. Whisk together the remaining ingredients, eggs through salt, then pour it over the bread. Cover the baking dish and chill for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
8 Hours Later or The Next Morning...
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. While oven is heating up, remove baking dish from the refrigerator and let it warm up to room temperature.
5. Once the dish is at room temperature, bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes, until it puffs up and is lightly browned.
6. Put two slices on each plate. If you'd like, top with optional sugar free syrup.
Yield: 5 Servings, 2 Slices Per Serving
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later. Microwave for approximately 2-3 minutes. Keep the container open to allow steam to escape.
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave for approximately 2-3 minutes. Keep the container open to allow steam to escape.