Chickpea and Cauliflower Scramble
Calories 192 (10% from fat)
Fat 2 gram
Saturated Fat 0.2 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 0 mg.
Sodium 280 mg.
Carb. 36 gram
Fiber 13 gram
Sugar 6 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 11 gram
1 head of cauliflower, chopped into tiny pieces (run through food processor for a few seconds)
1 bag (12 oz) cauliflower riced veggies
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. herbs de provence
1 can (15.5 oz.) low sodium chick peas, drained
1 can (14.5 oz) no salt added diced tomatoes
pinch of kosher salt
Tired of eggs every morning? This is a veggie scramble that's good on it's own or tastes great on toast.
1. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Lightly coat the pan with olive oil spray.
2. Add the cauliflower (fresh or frozen) and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the spices, paprika, garlic and herbs de provence.
3. Turn the heat to high. Add the chickpeas, then cook and mash them for 3-4 minutes.
4. Stir in the tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Divide into 3 servings. Sprinkle a pinch of salt (to taste) over each serving. Eat it plain or on toast, tortillas or crackers.
Yield: 3 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave for approximately 3 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.