Frittata with Artichoke Hearts and Feta
Calories 107 (20% from fat)
Fat 2 gram
Saturated Fat 1 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 95 mg.
Sodium 802 mg.
Carb. 8 gram
Fiber 1.7 gram
Sugar 4 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 14 gram
1 can (14 oz.) baby artichoke hearts, drained and cut into small pieces
1 jar (12 oz.) roasted red peppers, drained and cut into small pieces
buttery cooking spray
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
9 large egg whites
3 large whole eggs
1 tsp. all-purpose seasoning
(We suggest either Spike Seasoning of Adobo Seasoning.)
1 tsp. black pepper, ground
3.5 oz. fat free feta cheese, crumbled
2 tsp. parsley, chopped (for garnish)
This is an easy frittata to make. You can store servings in the refrigerator up to 2 days and reheat them quickly in the microwave.
This recipe is higher in sodium. If you're on a low sodium diet, you should consider another option.
1. Drain the artichoke hearts. If they're not already cut, chop them into small pieces.
2. Drain the roasted red peppers, then dice them into small pieces.
3. Lightly coat a large slow cooker with buttery cooking spray.
4. Spread the artichoke hearts across the bottom of the slow cooker. Then spread the roasted red peppers across the top of the artichoke hearts.
5. Chop the green onions, then spread them across the top of the roasted red peppers.
6. Whisk together the next 4 ingredients, egg whites, whole eggs, all-purpose seasoning and pepper. Once they're completely combined, pour them over the vegetables.
7. Use a fork to gently stir everything together in the crock pot.
8. Sprinkle the feta cheese evenly over the top. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours until the eggs are as firm as you want. Our test kitchen one came out perfectly at 2.5 hours.
9. Cut into 6 pieces while the frittata is in the slow cooker. Serve hot and sprinkle with parsley for garnish if you want.
Yield: 6 Servings