Green Bean Veggie Sausage Egg Bake
Calories 229 (31% from fat)
Fat 8 gram
Saturated Fat 1 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 93 mg.
Sodium 522 mg.
Carb. 14 gram
Fiber 1.6 gram
Sugar 4 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 27 gram
1 lb. fresh green beans
13 oz. vegetarian sausage
(We used Original Field Roast Vegetarian Italian Sausage.)
9 large egg whites
3 whole eggs
Three ingredients come together beautifully for this crunchy, savory breakfast treat.
1. Cut the ends off the beans, then cut them in half, the longer ones in thirds.
2. Cut the sausage into bite sized pieces.
3. Heat a 10 to 12 inch wide OVEN SAFE non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Once it's hot, lightly coat with buttery cooking spray. Then add the green beans and cook for about 3 minutes. Remove beans from heat and set aside.
4. Cook the vegetarian sausage, for 3-4 minutes in the same pan, until lightly browned. Remove sausage from the heat and set aside.
5. Let the pan cool. While it's cooking, whisk together all the eggs.
6. Once it's cool, lay the green beans out in a layer, spread the vegetarian sausage evenly over that, then pour the eggs over the top.
7. Turn oven on broil.
8. Cook the mixture on the stove, with a cover on the pan, on medium heat for approximately 6 minutes.
9. Remove the cover and put the pan in the oven, on broil to finish the eggs off. Take the pan out after three minutes and cut it into 6 slices. Then return to the oven until the eggs set firmly, about another 3 minutes. It's finished when the eggs are set all the way through.
10. Remove from the oven and let rest for 2 minutes, then serve.
Yield: 6 Servings
You can freeze individual servings for easy re-heating later. Make sure they're tightly sealed inside freezer safe containers.
Microwave each serving for approximately 2.5 - 3 minutes and enjoy.