Vanilla French Toast
Calories 133 (22% from fat)
Fat 3 gram
Saturated Fat 0.5 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 2.5 mg.
Sodium 228 mg.
Carb. 21 gram
Fiber 4 gram
Sugar 2 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 8 gram
1 cup fat free milk
(We used Fairlife Fat Free Lactose Free Milk.)
1 package (0.8 oz.) Vanilla Jell-O Cook & Serve Sugar Free & Fat Free Pudding
3 large egg whites
1/2 tsp. cinnamon, ground
8 slices whole wheat bread
(We used Dave's Killer Bread Powerseed.)
butter cooking spray
Each slice is packed with vanilla flavor from the pudding mix and a delicious hint of cinnamon. We like using a sugar free syrup and adding a little fresh fruit on the top.
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, pudding, egg whites and cinnamon for 2 minutes, until well blended.
2. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
3. Once the pan is hot, lightly coat with buttery cooking spray.
4. Dip the bread in the pudding mixture, thoroughly coating both sides.
5. Put the coated bread in the pan and cook until each side is golden brown.
6. OPTIONAL: Serve with fresh fruit on top and sugar free syrup.
Yield: 4 Servings, 2 Slices Per Serving
You can freeze individual portions of French toast for easy re-heating later.
Microwave for approximately 2-3 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.