Calories 358 (26% from fat)
Fat 10 gram
Saturated Fat 3 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 45 mg.
Sodium 1047 mg.
Carb. 32 gram
Fiber 4 gram
Sugar 7 gram
Sugar Alcohol 1 gram
Protein 36 gram
buttery cooking spray
2 cups protein pancake mix
(We used Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes Cinnamon Oat Flapjack & Waffle Mix.)
1 cup fat free cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup fat free milk
(We used Fairlife Fat Free Milk because it's lower in sugar and higher in protein.)
5 Tbsp. sugar free syrup
(We used Cary's Sugar Free Syrup.)
1 whole large egg
3 large egg whites
1 1/2 Tbsp. Splenda or stevia
12 oz. vegetarian sausage
(We used No Evil Foods Italian Sausage Plant Meat.)
2 Tbsp. canola oil
1 cup cheddar jack cheese, shredded
(Shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheeses.)
TOPPING - Sugar Free Syrup
This took a few tries to get right. Undercooking it happened a couple of times, so check carefully to make sure it's baked through in the center. You also need to choose a veggie sausage that tastes good without anything on it. The No Evil Foods was hands down the taster's favorite. Follow our suggestions, and you'll end up with a special weekend breakfast
This recipe is higher in sodium. If you're on a low sodium diet, you should consider another option.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly coat a 9x13 inch baking pan with buttery cooking spray.
2. Mix together the following seven ingredients, pancake mix, fat-free cheddar cheese, milk, syrup, whole egg, egg whites and Splenda or stevia. Pour those ingredients into the 9x13 baking pan.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 15 to 20 minutes.
4. While the pancake mix is baking, heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cut the sausage into half-inch slices.
5. Add the canola oil to the pan. Cook the sausage, about 2 minutes per side. Set aside when done.
6. When the pancake mix is cooked through, take it out of the oven and spread the sausage over the top. Sprinkle the cheddar jack cheese over everything. Return to the oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 5 more minutes.
7. Remove the dish from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes, then cut into 8 servings.
Yield: 8 Servings
You can freeze individual servings for easy re-heating later. Reheat them for 3-4 minutes in a microwave on high. Then add the syrup.
Keep the container open to allow steam to escape.