Jackfruit Breakfast Casserole
Calories 143 (28% from fat)
Fat 4.5 gram
Saturated Fat 1 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 93 mg.
Sodium 293 mg.
Carb. 12 gram
Fiber 5 gram
Sugar 3 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 13 gram
olive oil spray
12 large egg whites (About 2 cups of egg whites.)
3 large whole eggs
1/4 tsp. sodium free salt alternative
(We used No Salt Sodium Free Salt.)
1/2 tsp. black pepper, ground
1 cup baby spinach
1 10-oz. bag of frozen riced veggies
(We used Green Giant Riced Veggies Cauliflower with Lemon & Garlic.)
2 bags 10-oz. each, jackfruit
(We used Tex-Mex Jackfruit from The Jackfruit Company.)
We were looking for a breakfast casserole made with vegetables instead of meat and potatoes. We found a great substitute with jackfruit and riced veggies for this super easy "dump casserole."
1. Lightly coat a 13x9 casserole dish with olive oil spray.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Whisk together the egg whites, whole eggs, and No Salt and black pepper in a mixing bowl. Pour that into the casserole dish.
4. Place 1 cup of spinach on top.
5. Evenly spread the riced veggies across the top of the spinach.
6. Spread the jackfruit across everything.
7. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45-50 minutes.
8. When the eggs are firm, remove the dish from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. Then divide into 6 servings. This will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Yield: 6 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave on high for approximately 2 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.