Crescent Roll Plant Beef Breakfast Casserole
Calories 325 (29% from fat)
Fat 10 gram
Saturated Fat 4 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 83 mg.
Sodium 804 mg.
Carb. 25 gram
Fiber 4 gram
Sugar 6.5 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 30 gram
fat free buttery cooking spray
1 tube (8 ounces) reduced fat refrigerated crescent rolls
(We used Pillsbury 90 Calorie Reduced Fat Cresents.)
1 package (14.oz) plant-based ground beef
(We used gardein plant-based ground be'f.)
10 large egg whites
3 large whole eggs
1 cup fat free milk
1 cup fat free half & half
1 cup fat free mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tsp. black pepper, ground
1 bag (8 ounces) frozen broccoli florets
This is an easy recipe to make for a bunch of people. You can use any meat, but it turned out great with the plant-based ground beef.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Lightly coat a 13x9 baking dish. Then unroll the crescent roll dough into the pan. Seal all the seams and perforations.
3. Heat the broccoli in the microwave for 2 minutes and set that aside. Then heat the plant-based beef in a microwave for 2 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and half & half. Then stir in the beef, mozzarella, cheddar and black pepper.
5. Pour the mixture over the crescent rolls into the casserole dish. Then put the broccoli in over the top.
6. Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes. The top will be browned, and a knife inserted into the center should come out clean. Cut it into 8 pieces. If it's watery, bake for an additional 5-8 minutes.
7. Let it stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 8 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave on high for approximately 3 minutes. Cover with a damp cloth so it doesn't dry out.