Rocky Road Protein Pudding (From Scratch)
Calories 226 (24% from fat)
Fat 5.9 gram
Saturated Fat 1.3 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 125 mg.
Sodium 285 mg.
Carb. 32 gram
Fiber 2.8 gram
Sugar 15 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 13 gram
2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
1 cup Splenda
(We used the box that measures cup for cup like sugar.)
5 Tbsp. baking cocoa
(We used Hershey's Cocoa Special Dark.)
1 scoop (1/3 cup) protein powder
(We used GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein Vanilla Flavor.)
5 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/8 tsp. salt
2-1/2 cups fat free milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts, toasted
2. In a non-stick pot combine the Splenda, cocoa, protein powder, cornstarch and salt. Slowly add the milk while whisking everything together until it's smooth. Cook while stirring over medium-high heat until it starts to thicken and bubble. Reduce the heat to medium, then keep stirring and cooking for 2 more minutes.
3. Take the pot off the burner and pour about 1/4 cup of the pudding mixture into the bowl with egg yolks. Stir together, then pour it all back into the pot while stirring constantly.
4. Put the pot back on the burner, stir slowly and bring it to a gentle boil over medium heat again. Once it starts boiling keep stirring and cooking for 2 more minutes.
5. Remove the pudding from the heat and gently stir the vanilla in. Let it cool for 15 minutes while stirring occasionally. Then divide evenly between 4 dessert dishes, cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
6. When you're ready to serve, divide the marshmallows and walnuts evenly between the 4 dishes and sprinkle them on top.
Yield: 4 Servings - 1/2 Cup Plus 2 Tbsp. per Serving