Chocolate Chip Brownies with Caramel Frosting (Vegetarian)
Calories 180 (15% from fat)
Fat 3 gram
Saturated Fat 1.5 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 11 mg.
Sodium 268 mg.
Carb. 31 gram
Fiber 3 gram
Sugar 8 gram
Sugar Alcohol 3 gram
Protein 8 gram
1 can (15.5 oz.) black beans, drained and thoroughly rinsed
2 cups water
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup packed Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
3 Tbsp. Splenda
(We used the box that measures cup for cup like sugar.)
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
2 scoops (2/3 cup) protein powder
(We used GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein Vanilla Flavor.)
1/2 cup dry oats
(We used Quaker 1 Minute Oats.)
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tub (8 oz.) fat free cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar free and fat free caramel
(We used Smucker's Sugar Free Caramel.)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Put the beans, water, vanilla, Splenda brown sugar, regular Splenda, baking powder and cocoa powder into a blender or food processor. Blend or process until smooth. Then with the blender or processor going, add the protein powder and dry oats until thoroughly combined.
3. Pour everything into a mixing bowl. Use a whisk and stir in the whole wheat flour. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with fat free buttery spray. Pour the brownie mixture into the dish, put it in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 30 minutes (or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the brownie comes out clean.)
5. While the brownies are cooking, use a fork to mix together the fat free cream cheese and sugar free caramel. Keep stirring until no lumps are left. Put it in the refrigerator until brownies are done.
6. When brownies are done, let them cool for about 30 minutes. Spread the caramel frosting over top of the brownies. Put the entire tray in the refrigerator and allow the frosting to set. After 30 minutes, cut it up and enjoy.
Yield: 15 Servings or 30 Servings for Parties