Orange and Pineapple Gratin
Calories 125 (16% from fat)
Fat 2 gram
Saturated Fat 0.4 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 1.75 mg.
Sodium 28 mg.
Carb. 24 gram
Fiber 3.3 gram
Sugar 16 gram
Sugar Alcohol 2.25 gram
Protein 4.5 gram
1 large navel orange
1 large minneola orange (tangelo)
4 slices of pineapple
(We used Dole no sugar added sliced pineapple.)
1 Tbsp. candied ginger, minced
1/2 cup plan 2% reduced fat Greek yogurt
3 Tbsp. sugar free marmalade
(We used Smuckers Sugar Free Marmalade.)
2 Tbsp. sliced almonds, lightly toasted
1. Preheat oven to broil.
2. Peel all the fruit and cut crosswise into half-inch slices. Arrange the fruit in a single layer on a baking pan with raised edges. (The raised edges are so the juices won’t spill into the oven.) Sprinkle the fruit with ginger.
3. Broil fruit on top rack for approximately 15 minutes, or until lightly charred. You may need to rotate the pan to make sure they cook evenly.
4. Mix together the Greek yogurt and marmalade in a small bowl. Cover and store in the refrigerator.
5. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Then add sliced almonds. Stir every 30 seconds for about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat once they start to LIGHTLY brown. Almonds will continue to cook for a little bit when you take them off the heat, so if you wait until they are golden, they will be burnt.
6. Divide the cooked citrus between 4 dishes. Drizzle the juice from the pan between the dishes. Split yogurt mixture between the 4 dishes and sprinkle each with almonds.
Yield: 4 Servings