Sopapilla Cheesecake Pie
Calories 214 (27% from fat)
Fat 6.5 gram
Saturated Fat 2.3 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 8.5 mg.
Sodium 571 mg.
Carb. 31 gram
Fiber 0 gram
Sugar 10.5 gram
Sugar Alcohol 5.6 gram
Protein 7 gram
2 (8 ounce) packages of fat free cream cheese
1 cup Splenda
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 8 oz. packages of refrigerated reduced fat crescent rolls
(We used Pillsbury Crescent Reduced Fat.)
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup Splenda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 cup water
6 Tbsp. light butter
(We used Smart Balance Light Butter with Canola Oil.)
1/4 cup sugar free honey
(We used Honey Tree's Sugar Free Imitation Honey.)
The original version of this recipe was an advertisement for Pam Original cooking spray. The recipe tasted great, but it was too high in sugar. So we made a few changes and the result is delicious.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly coat a 9x13 inch-baking dish with buttery spray.
2. Using a blender, beat the cream cheese together with the Splenda and vanilla extract until smooth.
3. Open the cans of crescent roll dough. Use a rolling pin to shape each package of dough into a 9x13 inch sheet. Put one sheet in the bottom of the 9x13 inch baking dish. Then spread the cream cheese mixture evenly across the top. Cover with the remaining crescent dough sheet.
4. Stir together the 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup Splenda and cinnamon. Sprinkle the mixture over top the cheesecake.
5. Bake until the dough puffs up and turns a golden brown, about 30 to 35 minutes. When finished, remove from the oven and drizzle with the sugar free honey. Let cool completely before cutting into 12 squares.
Yield: 12 Servings