Blueberry Lemon Protein Cookies
Calories 93 (7% from fat)
Fat 1 gram
Saturated Fat 0 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 8 mg.
Sodium 121 mg.
Carb. 19 gram
Fiber 1.6 gram
Sugar 2 gram
Sugar Alcohol 6 gram
Protein 5 gram
buttery cooking spray
1 cup dry oats
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2/3 cup (2 scoops) vanilla protein powder
(We used GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein Vanilla Flavor.)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
1/2 cup sugar free honey
(We used Honey Tree's Sugar Free Imitation Honey.)
zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup fresh blueberries
These aren't as sweet as regular cookies, and that's something our tasting panel appreciated. The blueberries added a nice burst of flavor and there was just enough protein for an afternoon bite.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a large baking pan with buttery cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the dry oats, whole wheat pastry flour, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Then stir in the yogurt, sugar free honey, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Make sure it's evenly mixed together.
4. Fold in the blueberries.
5. Spoon the batter onto the baking sheet, making 18 cookies. These will spread out!
6. Bake the cookies for 15-18 minutes. They are done when they start to turn a light brown on top.
7. Let them cool for 5-10 minutes. Then you can cut them apart and enjoy. Store them in a sealable bag in the refrigerator.
Yield: 18 Servings (1 Cookie Per Serving)