Calories 240 (35% from fat)
Fat 9.4 gram
Saturated Fat 1 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 12 mg.
Sodium 224 mg.
Carb. 39 gram
Fiber 2 gram
Sugar 13 gram
Sugar Alcohol 12 gram
Protein 3.5 gram
4 cups fresh cranberries, rinsed and cut in half
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup Splenda sugar blend
buttery cooking spray
1 package (16 ounces) sugar free yellow cake mix
(We used Pillsbury Sugar Free Classic Yellow Cake Mix.)
1 large egg, room temperature
4 large egg whites, room temperature
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp. vanilla
Many people call this a Nantucket pie, but since it doesn't have a crust and is made with cake mix, we call it a Nantucket CAKE. The tangy taste of cranberries combined with the sweet-tasting cake mix makes for a holiday favorite.
1. Be aware this makes TWO cakes! (You can cut the ingredients in half to make a single cake, just store the remaining cake mix in a sealed bag.)
2. Rinse the cranberries and discard any that are soft or mushy. Cut them in half.
3. Put the cranberries, walnuts and Splenda sugar blend in a bowl. Mix to combine and thoroughly coat the cranberries.
4. Lightly coat two 8-inch springform pans with buttery cooking spray.
5. Divide the cranberry mixture between the two pans and level it out.
6. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients, cake mix, whole egg, egg whites, vegetable oil, water and vanilla. Keep whisking together until there are no lumps remaining.
8. Divide the mixture between the two springform pans, pouring it over the cranberry mixture. Level it out and make sure everything is covered.
9. Place the pans in the 325 degrees Fahrenheit oven and bake for 35-40 minutes until the cake top has started to brown.
10. Remove from the oven and let stand on the counter for 15 minutes.
11. Take the springform off. Put a plate on top of the cake and flip the cake around. Gently lift the bottom of the pan off the cake. Divide each into 8 servings. Cover and store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Yield: 8 Slices Per Cake - 2 Cakes Makes 16 Servings