Calories 598 (36% from fat)
Fat 24 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 169 mg.
Sodium 832 mg.
Carb. 43 gram
Fiber 8 gram
Sugar 17 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 64 gram
1 egg white
1/4 cup oatmeal
2 Tbsp. fat-free milk
2 Tbsp. low-sodium (lite) soy sauce
Pinch garlic powder
Pinch black pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
3 Tbsp. duck sauce
16 oz. ground beef (93% Lean)
2 cups of broccoli
(Traditional ketchup has 190 mg. of sodium per serving. Don't use traditional ketchup unless you want to go over your sodium allowance for the day!)
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Heat pot of water on stove until it boils.
2. Cut up broccoli into bite sized pieces.
3. Put broccoli in colander and steam for approximately 10 to 20 minutes.
1. Pre-heat oven on broil.
2. Mix everything except the beef and broccoli in a large bowl.
3. Add beef and mix thoroughly. Make four patties of equal-size.
4. Spray non-fat cooking spray on broiling pan. Place burgers on pan and put in oven.
5. Broil burgers for approximately 4 to 5 minutes or until middle is no longer pink.
Yield: 2 Servings
This recipe doubles well and the extra burgers can be stored in the freezer or refrigerator for easy re-heating.