Calories 305 (19% from fat)
Fat 6.4 gram
Saturated Fat 2 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 102 mg.
Sodium 54 mg.
Carb. 17 gram
Fiber 3.4 gram
Sugar 1.5 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 44 gram
fat free cooking spray
1 diced portabello mushroom
1 Tbsp. chopped chives
zest from 1 lemon rind
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
10 sheets filo pastry
(We used Pepperidge Farm Filo Pastry.)
2 four oz. top round beef steaks with visible fat trimmed off
1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
1. Spray a non-stick pan with the fat free cooking spray. Add the diced mushrooms and chives, then saute for about 2 minutes. Add the lemon rind, lemon juice, garlic powder and saute until juice evaporates.
2. Pound steaks with a mallet to tenderize them.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Gently unroll the filo dough. Carefully remove five sheets per steak and stack them on top of each other. Spray the top sheet with fat free cooking spray.
5. Divide the mushrooms evenly in the center of the dough and place a steak on top of the mushrooms. Then sprinkle each steak with the ground pepper. Wrap the steaks carefully in the dough. Spray the wrapped steaks with fat free cooking spray. (You'll only be able to spray one side. When you flip them over and put them on the cookie sheet you'll be able to spray the other side.)
6. Place the filo dough wrapped steaks on a cookie sheet sprayed with fat free cooking spray. Make sure they're placed folded side down so it will not unwrap during roasting. Spray the top of each package and bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
7. Serve with steamed vegetables for a low fat, high protein meal.
Yield: 2 Servings
This recipe was created by Charles Nuedling - Personal Chef