Calories 282 (15% from fat)
Fat 4.45 gram
Saturated Fat 1.3 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 49 mg.
Sodium 543 mg.
Carb. 36 gram
Fiber 2 gram
Sugar 7 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 24 gram
1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 Tbsp. chopped onions
5 Tbsp. no salt added tomato paste
(1/2 of a 6 oz. can)
1 Tbsp. water
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp chopped garlic
1/8 tsp ground red pepper
1 package refrigerated pizza crust (10 oz.)
(We used white, but choose whole-wheat if it's available for more fiber.)
2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
fat-free butter flavored cooking spray
1. Chop chicken breast into 1 inch cubes. Spray fat-free cooking spray into non-stick pan and cook chicken and chopped onion over medium heat until lightly browned (approximately 4-5 minutes).
2. Mix together in a separate bowl the next 5 ingredients, tomato paste, water, Italian seasoning, chopped garlic and ground red pepper.
3. Pour the cooked chicken and onion into the tomato paste mixture and combine.
4. Preheat over to 400 degrees F.
5. Roll pizza crust into a 10" x 18" rectangle and then cut into four smaller rectangles. Place 1/4 of chicken and tomato mixture onto 1/2 of each small rectangle. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on each. Brush edges of rectangles with water and fold in half over chicken, pressing the edges together with your fingers.
6. Coat a cooking sheet with fat-free cooking spray, place calzones on the tray and lightly coat each one on top with fat-free cooking spray.
7. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Yield: 4 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Make sure to freeze them in individual freezer friendly bags.
When you heat them up, microwave for approximately 5 minutes, keeping the bag open just a little to allow steam to escape.
If you don't keep the calzone covered when heating it up will get very hard.