Turkey Chili Meatloaf & Homemade Tomato Sauce
Calories 499 (10% from fat)
Fat 5.75 gram
Saturated Fat 1.1 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 45 mg.
Sodium 526 mg.
Carb. 71 gram
Fiber 15.7 gram
Sugar 13 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 43 gram
1/2 cup raw medium grain brown rice
1.25 lbs. (20 oz.) of extra lean (99% fat free) ground turkey breast
(We used Jennie-O Turkey Store brand.)
1 cup oatmeal
(We used Quaker Oats.)
3 large egg whites
1 stalk of celery, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, stems removed
1/2 tsp. cumin
2 Tbsp. chili powder
2 cloves (1 tsp.) of garlic, minced
1 tsp. black pepper
1 can (16 oz.) light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
(We used Bush's Best Light Red Kidney Beans.)
1/4 cup diced tomatoes
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp. ketchup
fat-free cooking spray
1 small green jalapeno pepper, diced
20 Minute Tomato Sauce
1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves of garlic (2 tsp.) minced
2 cans (14.5 oz.) no salt added diced tomatoes
6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 tsp. oregano
1 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped (stems removed)
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped (stems removed)
Zest of 1/3 lemon
1 tsp. black pepper
1 packet Herb Ox No Sodium Beef Stock
1. Cook the rice according to the package instructions. While rice is cooking, combine the next 15 ingredients, ground turkey breast through ketchup, plus the optional jalapeno pepper if you'd like, in a bowl. Mix well.
2. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Put a sheet of tinfoil on a cookie shoot and lightly spray it with fat-free cooking spray. Divide the turkey mixture into 4 sections and form each one into a mini loaf. (See picture below nutritional information.) Bake the loaves for 30-35 minutes. While the loaves are cooking, start the sauce.
4. Place the olive oil in a heated sauce pan along with the garlic. Saute for about 1 minute.
5. Add the remaining ingredients, stirring each one in until they're all combined. Saute for 4 more minutes. Reduce heat to simmer and stir every couple of minutes, for about 15 minutes.
6. Divide sauce into four servings and pour on top of the Turkey Chili Meatloaf when you remove it from the oven.
Yield: 4 Servings - Can Easily Be Divided into 8 Servings
This recipe was created by Charles Nuedling - Personal Chef
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Make sure to freeze them in freezer safe tupperware containers.
When you heat them up, microwave for approximately 5 minutes, keeping the container open just a little to allow steam to escape. Then cut it in half and put back in the microwave for an additional 2 minutes.