Chicken Enchiladas with Tomatillo Sauce
Calories 471 (15% from fat)
Fat 7.7 gram
Saturated Fat 3.4 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 84 mg.
Sodium 919 mg.
Carb. 55 gram
Fiber 0 gram
Sugar 10 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 40 gram
1 lb. chicken breast, boneless, skinless
2 cloves (2 tsp.) garlic, minced
2 onions (2 cups), chopped
2 bay leaves
1 tsp. dried oregano
fat free olive oil spray
12 corn tortillas
12 Tbsp. tomatillo sauce
(We used Frontera Salsa Tomatillo Sauce.)
1 cup cilantro, chopped
1/3 cup lowfat feta cheese
1 cup fat free sour cream
1/2 head romaine lettuce, shredded
1. Put the chicken, garlic, 1/2 the onion and bay leaves in a pot. Add water until chicken is covered, then bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 35 minutes, or until inside chicken is no longer pink.
2. Once chicken is cooked, allow it to cool in the broth. Shred the meat along the fibers into bite sized pieces. Discard the boiled chicken and onion water.
3. Heat a frying pan, coat with olive oil spray and saute the remaining cup of onions until translucent. Mix the shredded chicken and saute'd onions together.
4. To prepare the tortillas, heat up a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook each side for 15-30 seconds, then flip over and do the same. It's ready when it starts to bubble and turn slightly brown.
5. Build each enchilada by putting the corn tortilla first, then about 1/4 cup chicken & onion mix, 2 tsp. tomatilla sauce, cilantro, a sprinkle of feta cheese, heaping tablespoon of sour cream and romaine lettuce on top. Roll into an enchilada and enjoy.
Yield: 4 Servings - 3 Enchiladas Per Serving