Chicken and Apple - Crock Pot (Slow Cooker)
Calories 395 (7% from fat)
Fat 3 gram
Saturated Fat 1 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 137 mg.
Sodium 172 mg.
Carb. 32 gram
Fiber 3.2 gram
Sugar 24 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 57 gram
2 cups onion, chopped
4 cloves (4 tsp.) garlic, minced
6 cups cabbage, shredded
3 lbs., skinless & boneless chicken breast
1 Granny smith apple, cored and diced
6 oz. can frozen orange juice concentrate
1 Tbsp. white vinegar
3/4 tsp. dried marjoram leaves
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. sodium free salt substitute
(We Used No Salt Sodium Free Salt Alternative.)
3 Tbsp. Water 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1. Cut up the onions, garlic and cabbage. Mix them together in the bottom of a 4-5 quart crock pot.
2. Cut the chicken up into 3x3 squares and layer it on the vegetables in the crock pot. Then spread the diced apple on top of the chicken.
3. Thaw the frozen orange juice and mix it together with the white vinegar, marjoram leaves and ground nutmeg. Pour over top of the chicken in the crock pot.
4. Sprinkle the black pepper and sodium free salt substitute across the top. Cook on low, stirring every couple of hours, for 6 hours.
5. Whip together the 3 Tbsp. water and cornstarch. Then mix it in with the ingredients in the crock pot. Let cook for another 45 minutes and the broth will thicken.
6. Serve with a side of brown rice or whole wheat bread.
Yield: 6 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Make sure to freeze them in freezer safe containers.
Microwave for approximately 4-6 minutes, keeping the container open just a little to allow steam to escape.