Personal Pita Pizza (Vegetarian)
Calories 363 (15% from fat)
Fat 6 gram
Saturated Fat 4.4 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 23 mg.
Sodium 747 mg.
Carb. 46 gram
Fiber 7.7 gram
Sugar 10 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 30 gram
1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
5 cloves (5 tsp.) garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. dried crushed red pepper
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, no salt added
1 can (6 oz. or 10 Tbsp.) tomato paste
1/2 tsp. sodium free salt alternative
(We Used No Salt Sodium Free Salt Alternative.)
6 large (6 1/2 inch diameter) whole wheat pitas
fat free cooking spray
1 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
1 1/2 cups broccoli, chopped
2 cups fat free mozzarella cheese, shredded
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat a non-stick pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, garlic and crushed red peppers. Sauté for 1 minute. Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato paste and salt free alternative. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat the over to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Put the pita breads on a cookie sheet and bake for 5 minutes. When finished, remove from the oven and set aside.
3. While the bread is baking, heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, then coat with fat free cooking spray. Add the mushrooms, bell pepper, cauliflower and broccoli and sauté for about 8-10 minutes.
4. Divide the tomato sauce into 6 servings, about 1/3 cup each. Spread each serving on top of a pita. Then divide the vegetables into 6 servings and spread those evenly on top of each pita.
5. Mix together the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Then divide cheese evenly and sprinkle on each pizza. Spray the top of each pizza with fat free cooking spray. Put the pitas in the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the cheese starts to brown. Serve and enjoy.
Yield: 6 Servings