Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
Calories 323 (23% from fat)
Fat 8 gram
Saturated Fat 4 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 77 mg.
Sodium 601 mg.
Carb. 28 gram
Fiber 2.7 gram
Sugar 9 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 34 gram
fat free cooking spray
1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, shredded
16 oz. fat free sour cream
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
(We used Campbell's Condensed Soup - 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken.)
1 Tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro (or 1/2 Tbsp. dried)
1 can (14.5 oz.) petite cut, not salt added, diced tomatoes with 1/2 cup liquid drained off
1 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup poblano chili pepper, diced
8 corn tortillas
8 oz. (2 cups) reduced fat shredded cheese
(We like cheddar and Monterey Jack - We used Sargento Reduced Fat 4 Cheese Mexican.)
1. Warm a non-stick pan over medium heat. Then lightly coat with fat-free cooking spray. Cook the chicken breasts, about 7-8 minutes on each side. Once the chicken is browned, remove from heat and use two forks to shred it.
2. Mix together the sour cream, chicken soup and cilantro in a pot and cook on medium until hot.
3. In another non-stick pan, mix together shredded chicken, drained tomatoes, onions, bell pepper and poblano chili pepper. Cook on medium heat until onions start to turn transparent.
4. While the chicken mixture is heating, warm the tortillas one at a time in another pan on medium heat. Once they're flexible, they're ready.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray the bottom of an 8x11 inch baking dish with fat free cooking spray.
6. Fill each tortilla with 2 heaping tablespoons of the chicken mixture and 1 tablespoon of the cheese. Roll them up and place them seam side down in the baking dish.
7. Sprinkle the leftover chicken mixture on top, followed by the sour cream mixture and finally the remaining cheese.
8. Bake for 30 minutes or until it's heated throughout.
Yield: 8 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Make sure to freeze them in freezer safe containers.
Microwave for approximately 3-5 minutes, keeping the container open a little to allow steam to escape.