Honey Garlic Chicken - Crock Pot (Slow Cooker)
Chicken is shown with vegetables that are not included in the nutritional breakdown.
Calories 394 (19% from fat)
Fat 8 gram
Saturated Fat 1.7 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 115 mg.
Sodium 804 mg.
Carb. 63 gram
Fiber 1 gram
Sugar 15 gram
Sugar Alcohol 40 gram
Protein 28 gram
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
10 skinless chicken thighs (About 2 lbs.)
3/4 cup sugar free honey
(We used Honey Tree's Sugar Free Imitation Honey.)
5 Tbsp. lower sodium soy sauce
3 Tbsp. ketchup
5 cloves (5 tsp.) garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp. fresh ginger root, minced
1 can (20 oz.) pineapple tidbits, drained (save the juice)
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1. Heat up a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add vegetable oil and cook chicken until it's browned on all sides.
2. Place thighs in the bottom of a slow cooker.
3. In a mixing bowl stir together the next six ingredients, sugar free honey to the pineapple JUICE. DO NOT mix in the pineapple tidbits, cover and put them in the refrigerator for later.
4. Pour the juice mixture over the chicken, cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
5. When it's cooked, serve up two pieces of chicken on each plate.
6. Now blend the cornstarch into the sauce that's left in the slow cooker. Once it starts to thicken, add the pineapple tidbits and serve it over the top of the chicken or in a small bowl on the side.
Yield: 5 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave for approximately 3-5 minutes, keeping the container open a little to allow steam to escape.