Single serving above, full finished dish below.
Calories 108 (27% from fat)
Fat 3.2 gram
Saturated Fat 1.3 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 5 mg.
Sodium 381 mg.
Carb. 13.5 gram
Fiber 3.3 gram
Sugar 5 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 8 gram
1 large Spaghetti Squash (approximately 3 lbs.)
1 1/2 cups pasta sauce
(We used Classico Four Cheese Pasta Sauce.)
1/2 cup part skim mozarella cheese, shredded
1 cup fat free mozzarella cheese, shredded
Cut in half lengthwise.
Scoop out the seeds.
Lay flat on baking sheet.
Scoop out squash.
The squash before going in the oven.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly coat baking sheet with olive oil spray.
2. Wash the squash and cut in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop the seeds out. Pierce the skin of the squash a few times with a fork. Put the squash, cut side down on the baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, or until tender when poked with a fork.
3. When done, remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Take a fork and use the tines to rake spaghetti like threads into a mixing bowl. Keep raking until squash is all out and discard the skin.
4. Mix the pasta sauce and fat free mozzarella cheese together with the squash. Then split the mixture between two 8x8 baking pans. Sprinkle half the part skim mozzarella cheese over one pan and the remaining half over the other.
5. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes, then turn oven to broil. Move squash to top rack of the oven and cook an additional 2-3 minutes until cheese browns.
6. Remove from the oven, let cool for 5 minutes and serve.
Yield: 8 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave for approximately 2-3 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.