Horseradish Encrusted Salmon
Calories 330 (45% from fat)
Fat 16.5 gram
Saturated Fat 2.5 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 105 mg.
Sodium 163 mg.
Carb. 8 gram
Fiber 1.4 gram
Sugar 2 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 37 gram
olive oil spray
1 slice of 100% whole wheat toast
No Salt (salt substitute) and ground black pepper, to taste
4 salmon fillets (6 oz. each), skinned
4 Tbsp. creamy horseradish
4 Tbsp. lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly coat a baking pan or oven safe casserole dish with the olive oil spray.
2. Toast the bread and lightly coat both sides of each salmon with the No Salt and black pepper. Lay out the salmon in the casserole dish.
3. Mix together the horseradish and lemon juice. Tear the toast up into small pieces and put it in a blender or food processor. Finely chop the toast until it's small crumbs.
4. Stir together the bread crumbs and horseradish mixture. Then spread the horseradish mixture over each of the fillets, about 2 tablespoons on each one.
5. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes, then turn oven to broil. Move salmon to top rack of the oven and cook an additional 2-3 minutes until the crust turns a rich golden color.
6. Remove from the oven and serve, preferably with a side of vegetables and a fiber rich starch.
Yield: 4 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave for approximately 3-4 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.
You might want to heat this up on a microwave safe ceramic dish. The oil tends to get especially hot and may melt plastic if it's re-heated in a plastic container.