Maple Jack Pork Chops - Crock Pot (Slow Cooker)
Calories 342 (35% from fat)
Fat 13.5 gram
Saturated Fat 4.5 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 113 mg.
Sodium 316 mg.
Carb. 9 gram
Fiber 1 gram
Sugar 3 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 33.5 gram
buttery cooking spray
1 large sweet onion, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup sugar free syrup
(We used Cary's Sugar Free Syrup.)
1/4 cup whiskey
(We used Jack Daniel Whiskey.)
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
4 (6 oz. each) lean, boneless, top loin pork chops
This is a little higher in fat than we normally use, but if you pair it with a side of steamed vegetables, the fat content is perfectly acceptable.
1. Lightly coat the inside of a 4-5 quart crock pot with buttery cooking spray..
2. Place the sliced onions in the bottom of the slow cooker.
3. Whisk together sugar free syrup, whiskey and mustard in a shallow bowl.
4. Pat the pork chops dry, dip and coat them in the syrup mixture and then place them in the slow cooker on top of the onions.
5. Pour the remaining syrup over the pork chops. Then lightly sprinkle black pepper on top.6. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
Yield: 4 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave for approximately 1.5-3 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.