Pork and Squash Enchiladas
Calories 352 (27% from fat)
Fat 10 gram
Saturated Fat 3 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 12 mg.
Sodium 889 mg.
Carb. 32 gram
Fiber 4.5 gram
Sugar 7 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 31 gram
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 lb. pork tenderloin, cut into small pieces
1 cup onion, thinly sliced
1 10 oz. can of diced tomatoes with chilies, drained
(We used RoTel Chunky Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies.)
1 tsp. chili powder
1 15 oz. can enchilada sauce
(We used El Rio Enchilada Sauce All Natural.)
12 6-inch corn tortillas
3/4 cup fat free cheddar cheese, shredded
3/4 cup fat free mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
1 12 oz. package frozen cooked winter squash, thawed
Cheesy enchiladas with just a little spicy bite. If you want more heat, you can always add some hot sauce on your serving. This recipe is higher in sodium. If you're on a low sodium diet, you might consider another option.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat the olive oil in large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add the pork, cook and stir for 3 minutes. Then add onions, diced tomatoes with chilies and chili powder; cook and stir for an additional 2 minutes. When done, remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Coat the bottom of a 13x9 inch rectangular baking dish (3-qt.) with 1/3 cup enchilada sauce, setting aside the remaining enchilada sauce for later. Stack the tortillas, wrap them in damp paper towels and microwave for 40 seconds or until softened.
3. Mix together the 3 cheeses in a bowl.
4. Top each tortilla with 1 rounded tablespoon of squash, 1/4 cup pork mixture and 1 tablespoon of the shredded cheese mixture. Roll the tortillas up and place them seam-side down in the enchilada sauce in the baking dish.
5. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over top the tortillas. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over everything, cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes or until heated through and the cheese melts.
Yield: 6 Servings, 2 Enchiladas Per Serving
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later. For best results, do not reheat the fish too long.
Microwave for approximately 2-3 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.