Calories 213 (31% from fat)
Fat 7.3 gram
Saturated Fat 2 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 66 mg.
Sodium 488 mg.
Carb. 17 gram
Fiber 6 gram
Sugar 3.3 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 23 gram
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 lb.boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2 small breast halves)
olive oil spray
1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
1/4 cup no-sugar-added apricot preserves
2 tsp. raspberry vinegar
2 tsp. low sodium soy sauce
1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
Grab a sweet taste of summer with this delicious chicken recipe. Make a double batch and freeze individual servings along with some frozen vegetables. Then when you're in a hurry, a full meal is never more than a couple minutes away.
1. Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pepper over the chicken. Then lightly coat pan with olive oil spray.
2. Saute the chicken for about 5 minutes per side, until golden brown. When finished, remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
3. Reduce heat to medium, lightly coat the pan with olive oil spray again. Then add the onion and saute for 6 to 7 minutes, until the onion starts to turn translucent.
4. Use a mixing bowl combine the preserves, vinegar, soy sauce, mustard and ginger. Stir the sauce in with the onions.
5. Reduce heat to low and put the chicken back in with the onion and sauce mixture. Simmer for about 1 to 2 minutes. Then divide the chicken up and serve with onion and sauce over the top.
Yield: 2 Servings
If you're making this for the freezer, add a serving of frozen vegetables to the container so when you heat it up it includes veggies.
Microwave for approximately 2-3 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.